6°56'5.2''N 79°50'34''E

කොලඹ පැරණි ප්‍රදීපාගාරය

Colombo Old Clock Tower Lighthouse

Lighthouses and Harbours

Location Information

Western Province

Colombo

District

Divisional Secretariats

Colombo

Fort

Colombo Old Clock Tower Lighthouse

Click the photo for 360 °  View 

Old Colombo Lighthouse or Colombo Fort Clock Tower is a clock tower and was a lighthouse in Colombo. The lighthouse is no longer operational, but the tower remains and functions as a clock tower. It is located at the junction of Chatham Street and Janadhipathi Mawatha (formerly Queens Road) in Colombo fort. The tower was constructed as a clock tower in 1856-57 and completed on the 25 February 1857. The tower was designed by Emily Elizabeth Ward, the wife of Governor Sir Henry George Ward (1797 – 1860).

References & External Links