Kahadawa Gallen Viharaya
Kahandawa Raja Maha Viharaya This is another Vihara that is connected to the King Walagamba period. During battles with various Indian invaders, the King and his men took refuge on the Kahandawa hill. Monks around 100 B.C. restored and began using as a Vihara.
The Vihara is located in the village of Kahandawa in Mirigama. One can reach the temple travelling two miles on the Hakkurukbura road off Negombo Road. The Vihara is set on a hill. The views are enchanting. The Avasa Ge was renovated in 1913 and depicted typical Dutch architecture featuring carved stairways.