Old Henarathgoda Railway Station
In 1864, British colonists built this station as Henarathgoda railway station to facilitate the transportation of Tea and Coffee from the hill country to Colombo. In 1926, the station upgraded with the double rail line and became a central railway station in the country. Later, the original station abandoned, and it moved to the current location with its present name, Gampaha railway station. But old Henarathgoda station is still visible on the line approximately 100 m away from the present station. Currently, this old Henarathgoda Railway Station Building serves as the Department of Archaeology Gampaha regional office. GPS Coordinates are listed, please use it to get to the location.