The Town Hall Colombo
The Town Hall of Colombo is the headquarters of the Colombo Municipal Council and the office of the Mayor of Colombo. Built in front of the Viharamahadevi Park, Colombo, Sri Lanka, it is the meeting place for the elected municipal council.
In 1921 renowned Scottish town planner, Professor Patrick Geddes, recommended that the Council should construct a large central and dignified municipal building to house the council, a public reception hall, the mayor's office and a public library. The need for the Colombo Public Library was addressed by a philanthropic donation of a building by Dr. W. Arthur Silva in 1925. This building, Sirinivasa, is now the official residence of the mayor.
References & External Links
Wikipedia - Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA)
"Colombo's New Town Hall". The Singapore Free Press and Mercantile Advertiser. 2 June 1924. p. 6. Retrieved 17 August 2016.